So I really enjoy this part of the Lion King. I was shown this in seminary and sometimes think about it, and this is what I've thought about this clip. When Rafiki tells Simba to look into the water to see his father, he laughs at him and says it's only his reflection. Rafiki then tells him to "look harder, you see, he lives in you." It's when Simba accepts that, the heavens open and he is able to communicate with his father and better understand his potential. Also, you can even see his countenance chance and he begins to look like his father. I love the things Mufasa says to Simba, "You have forgotten me, you have forgotten who you are so have forgotten me. Look inside yourself Simba, you are more than what you have become. You must take your place in the circle of life." Simba replies, "How can I go back? I'm not who I used to be." Mufasa replies, "Remember who you are, you are my son and the one true king." He then continues to repeat "remember who you are." I got this clip off of youtube.com and so didn't get everything on it that I was hoping for, but after this Rafiki hits Simba with a stick and Simba mentions that it hurt. Rafiki says something like, "Yes, the past can hurt, but you can either run from it or learn from it." I like to liken this to how things are in our lives. Sometimes we get at points in our lives that we stop seeing our Heavenly Father in our lives. But it's when we change our view and accept Him in our lives that we begin to see Him, AND AT THAT VERY MOMENT the heavens open, our Heavenly Father comes to us, and our very countenances begin to change. We too need to remember who we are and that we are children of Heavenly Parents. When we forget who we are, we are essentially forgetting God in our lives. We are more than what we have become. We must take place in the plan of salvation. And the thing that Heavenly Father continues to tell us is to remember who we are. Simba yells towards the heavens and pleads with his father not to leave him. But unlike Mufasa, our Heavenly Father doesn't leave us, but is there for us and will do whatever He can to help us and help us to know that He is there and that He cares. Sometimes the things we have done in the past can hurt, but we can either run from it or learn from it. It's my invitation that we learn from it and move forward with our lives. HOW GRATEFUL I am for that knowledge. I truly have felt recently that He knows what I am going through and He has and is and will help me when I ask it from Him. He will do it for you too. Please friends, remember who you are......
4 comments:
Shane everytime I'm having a bad day and need a pick me up I can just come to your blog and there is for sure something there that helps...You are awesome! Thanks for being such an awesome cousin, i'm SO lucky! Love ya!
I know that you have used that part in Lion King before, and it is deservedly so. Great lesson. I hope you are having a better week next week. Love you....mom
So... I had you on my blog once upon a time, but then you died (I accidently deleted you) and never got you back on. In fact, I kinda forgot you had a blog! But never fear!!! You are back on my blog and I will keep checking back with yours! You look like you are still having so much fun.
awesome...I love that show.
Post a Comment