10 zillion points for the greatest room mates ever! All that needs to be said is that we have some fun in our place.
Steve, Mike, Ben, and I in San Francisco during spring break. So much fun! A definately needed break from school.
My reaction after I got out of giving the Canadian Occupational Performance Measure for the first time to an actor pretending he had depression. I passed!!!!
Volunteering at the Jazz games to raise money for our program. Never shall I ever buy a pretzel, churro, nacho, popcorn, or hot dog from there ever again.
Groups class. Good ol' Ethel, how I miss her so....... :)This semester is finally over! I am very excited about that. It's been a semester that I've really had to ask myself if I really want to be an occupational therapist.........but the answer was always, yes I do. There were weeks that I averaged 4 hours of sleep and had quizzes, tests, papers, projects nonstop. It sometimes became laughable at how much they expected of us in a week. I feel stupid for saying this, but some mornings found me overwhelmed with life with tears in my eyes because of not knowing if I could do one more day.......... I not only learned a lot about my classes in psychosocial, groups, neuroanatomy, research, and fieldwork/seminar, but I learned SO much about life and about finding a good balance. Probably the biggest lesson I learned was the blessings that are promised from putting God FIRST in your life. I love the scripture in 3 Nephi 13:33 where it says, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." I also pondered much about President Faust's quote when he said, "If you have not chosen the kingdom of God first, it will in the end make no difference what you have chosen instead." I have found these to be very true. I told myself that I was going to continue to not study on Sunday, go weekly to FHE and institute, and attend the temple every Thursday night. Doing these things every week was NOT an easy thing, especially when there was a huge test or project staring at me the next day. But Heavenly Father sure did take care of me. One of the most difficult things I had to do this semester was turning my grades over to the Lord. As many of you know, I have been a little particular about my grades and have really worked hard to maintain a good GPA. I knew that if I was going to find a good balance in life, I wasn't going to be able to maintain my ideal GPA. But I knew that if I put my grades in His hands, I would be able to pass my classes and stay in the program and learn the information I need to become the best therapist I can become. Since I turned my grades over to Him, I have been so much happier and less stressed. I know that He will take care of me and that if I continue to do my part and put Him first, I will be just fine. I just stand all amazed at how much love he showered upon me this semester. I was able to meet some amazing people, experience amazing things, see miracles happen, and daily see the love of Heavenly Father through the countless tender mercies He gives me. Although it's been a semester of great learning, it will definately go down in the record books as the most difficult EVER. I start Summer semester in a little over a week. I've never had summer school before, so here we go...............

9 comments:
Shane - sounds like you did well this semester! YOU GO GUY! I didn't realize it was to the level of difficulty that you described in this post. As always, you continue to amaze me with your brilliant mind and enormous testimony of this gospel, as well as your relationship with the Savior. I too can attest to the miracles that can happen when you do your part, and put your life in His hands. You are forever one of my heroes and I look up to you in more ways than you will ever know. You are a blessing in my life having you as a brother. Keep up the good work - I am always cheering for you!
You are cool, stay in school!
Shane, thanks for the great blog! Sounds like you had a fantastic semester.
YEAH FOR SHANE!!! Good job! Just a couple more years left!!
p.s. Jillian is cute! I love her!
Shane, Shane, Shane....You always seem to put things in perspective. I know you have had a difficult time this past 2 semesters, and I applaud you. You are awesome, and I love you.
Good job Reeker. I know how hard this semester has been for you. And i say "ditto" to the previous comments. I'm proud of you. It was great to see you yesterday, and to meet Jillian. She's adorable.
See you Sunday. You'd better put on your "badminton face," because I'm going to clean your trash. Even pregnant!
Shane, your blog made me tired just reading it. Congrats on accomplishing such a "fun" semester. Jillian is cute, wish I could meet her. Anyway, take care of yourself.
Shane, I love how your testimony comes out in all that you do. It was fun seeing you and Jillian on Sunday. I hope we get to see more of her! Keep up the good work! I know it will pay off in the end. Especially if you're doing something you love!
Shane! Yea....you got your blog back, intact it seems. I am glad you were able to do it
Post a Comment