Sunday, June 8, 2008

Summer Classes

Well, by the looks of the pictures below I'm sure it won't be difficult to see that my classes this semester aren't as intense as the ones last semester. We had an activities analysis class that we did different activities that we analyzed to see how people's body's work as they do certain things. Even though the class was mainly fun, we did have a lot of paper work that we had to fill out at the end of the day to analyze the activity. However, it was a great class and a great break from the intense schedule last semester. This summer's semester is divided into 2 halfs. The first half (which we just finished) was split into the activities analysis class and a theory class. Now, I am taking an occupational therapy in the community class and a seminar class where we are learning manual muscle testing, transfers, range of motion test, etc.
Summer Special Olympics in Provo. We helped do physical assessments with the athletes. It was a fun experience. It made me excited for my career someday.


This is the electrically wired fan that I made.

Lacey and I were in charge of teaching the class how to do Yoga. We decided to dress up and look like idiots.

Me in my 80's exercise attire for Yoga teaching class.

Country Western swing day.

Knitting day. That's right, yes, I do know how to knit now. :)

U of U's OT Class of 2010 in front of our building.


Animal balloon day. I'd be lieing if I said I didn't pop any balloons this day. :)

Me just chillin on the grass while we were working on a case study for our theory class. Can you tell that I'm really focused?

For our class relay race, I was put on the portion where you have to transport grains for rice from one bowl to another with chopsticks.

2 comments:

Em said...

Your posts totally crack me up. Your pictures are so "Shane." The faces you pull...and that yoga picture. What a goof ball.

I do have to say...I am so excited to bring in our baby to your pediatric class you're doing! Yay!

The Wageman Clan said...

Shane, you are so awesome! You will be a great OT. Whoever has the privilege of having you as their OT is one lucky person. Seriously, we need more people like you in these professions!!