They put our race number and age on the back of our legs and our race number on our arms.
Steve and I afterward hugging the finish line, glad to be glad that it was over. :)
By the finish line after I ran through a little bit before.
The swim! So the water was very choppy and I kept getting kicked by people. I wasn't as ready for the swim as I should have been. It killed me, but I finished it. On my way to the transition point to change into some dry clothes and into my shoes and socks, I threw up in my mouth. :)
Getting ready for the swim. The water was cold!
Steve and I standing in front of the bikes that we'd never get to ride for the race. :(
So in my rush to get all my stuff out of my car for the race, I accidentally locked my keys in the car and had to get the Salem police to come over and help me out. :)
On the bridge looking down at the water we'd be in the next morning.
My roommate Steve and I after we got our bag of goodies for checkin.So I signed up to do the Salem Spring Triathalon. I got ready for it and was really excited to do it. However, the morning of the race, it was really rainy and so they cancelled the biking portion of the race. :( So we only got to do the swimming and running portions. (hence the 2/3-alon) It was a fun experience though. I hope that someday I will be able to do the whole thing. I had to pay a bunch of money to rent a bike and a wetsuit so I probably won't be doing a ton in the future, but I'm hoping that for sure I'll do another one sometime.
5 comments:
Great pictures. Sorry you couldn't finish the race. A 2/3-alon is nothing to be ashamed of though.
Good job Reeker! I'm so impressed with the random things you decide to do. I know how much you've stressed about the swimming portion of the triathalon, and I think it's awesome you didn't give up while training. You rock.
I also love the pic with your farmer's tan. Love it!
Shane! I didn't know that you locked your keys in the car. Oh no. What is on your heads in this picture? Fun fun.
Way to go! I'm way impressed! I love that you have so much fun in life. I love reading you blog because it brightens my day. Especially since I just turned around and saw Allie coloring on our T.V. :)
Okay, I expect to see you in Kona doing the Ironman in the near future. You already have the accomodations, food and transportation covered. :)
Shayli and Kyndra left for Japan today and Shayli thought of you. She is hoping to go to Hiroshima her 7th grade year with her Japanese class. Love your blog!!
Post a Comment