Trevor, Me, and Brooks taking cool pictures jumping off the hill. These 2 guys were great from my last counselor week in Rexburg. We had some good times and good laughs.
These are my boys from my counselor week in Rexburg. We had a lot of fun as a group. We had a lot of good bonding moments with rubber bands and honking noses. :) I love those guys!!!
This is the BC Team I was on for 3 weeks. We did 2 sessions in Logan and 1 in Salt Lake. I learned a bunch from these guys and had a lot of good times and laughs with them.
These were my boys from my counselor week in Ephraim. This was a tight group. They were a great way to start off EFY this summer. Love these guys too!So doing EFY this year was a great blessing in my life. I thought that last summer was going to be my last year......so doing it this year was kind of a surprise. I just had this feeling that I needed to do it, and I know that I needed to be at each of the sessions that I attended. I did 5 sessions (2 as a counselor and 3 as a Building Counselor). My last session in Rexburg marked my 25th session of EFY. Working for EFY truly has been a blessing in my life. I've really learned how much Heavenly Father individually loves the youth of the church and does so much for them to know that they're his children and that He loves them. The last session of the summer in Rexburg was an emotional one for me. It was a perfect way to end all of my sessions though. Many things in lessons and devotionals were said that I really needed to hear, especially the Thursday night fireside. Brother Sweat talked about the sacrament and ended in D&C 45: 3-5. Read that when you can. He told us to read this and imagine what an amazing thing it will be when Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world, says that when we are judged. Can you imagine what you will say or do if you were to hear that? When I thought about it, I got really emotional and my gratitude for Christ multiplied so much. I, like everyone else, am very imperfect and realize my imperfections and so to think about Christ making it so that I can return to Heavenly Father overwhelms me with gratitude for Him. I want to hear that come from His mouth. As I pondered that scripture during the devotional, I just thought of a bunch of things that I need to do or not do so that I can receive that kind of reception into our Heavenly Father's presence. It was just an amazing week and an amazing summer. I start school again next week and I am actually really ready for it. I know it's going to be a lot of work, but here we go......

4 comments:
Hey...I get to see some of your EFY pictures. Yea. I am glad you got the opportunity again to earn some extra money for the next year. Good luck in school again Shane. And good luck in your new assignment in the bishopric!
Loved your EFY blog. Shayli really wants to do that when she is old enough. They have one in Laie if you ever want to come over and help out there. :)
It's really fun to keep up with you. Good luck in the year ahead.
Love and Miss you!!
First thing first...I hate the pants. Haha. You're such a nut.
Thanks for the scripture/spiritual thought. I loved it. I am definitely going to use the D&C 45:3-5 in my next Young Women lesson. I don't have to teach for a while (due to having the yittle one), but that scripture will fit right in to the lesson I have when I come back. Thanks a bunch!
Shane...you are always so inspiring. I love when you post stuff. Anyway, good luck with school. You are awesome!
Post a Comment