So I have been thinking a lot about a man in the scriptures in Luke 19 whose name is Zacchaeus. He is the man who tried to see Christ in the crowd but couldn't because he was too short. Therefore, he decided to climb a tree so that he could have a better view of Christ. After he did that, Christ saw him up in the tree and tells Zacchaeus to come down and that He will abide in his house. As I have been reading that lately, I've been asking myself, "What am I willing to do to see Christ more constantly in my life?" I, like some of you, sometimes find myself in my life making small surges of effort to jump up above the crowd to see Christ in my life. Those efforts get exhausting and unfortunately come to an end because of the energy required to sustain that effort. Or can I be more like Zacchaeus and go upward and find myself in a tree where I can have a better constant image of Christ rather than short spurts of effort. It's not to say that making small short efforts is a bad thing, but I want to have it more constant in my life. It's when Christ sees our effort to see Him that He invites Himself to abide in our homes and our lives because He knows that we made the effort to move upward to see Him. So I find myself asking myself, "How can I change the position of where I am to better see Christ?" Or I ask myself, "Where would my position be right now if it were to be likened to this scripture? Would I be making those small exhausting efforts on the ground or have I made changes in my life so that I can see Christ constantly rather than little bits at a time?" It's my hope that you and I can change where we are and put ourselves in a position where we can be focused on Christ at all times. Thanks you guys!Thursday, February 12, 2009
What am I willing to do to see Him?
So I have been thinking a lot about a man in the scriptures in Luke 19 whose name is Zacchaeus. He is the man who tried to see Christ in the crowd but couldn't because he was too short. Therefore, he decided to climb a tree so that he could have a better view of Christ. After he did that, Christ saw him up in the tree and tells Zacchaeus to come down and that He will abide in his house. As I have been reading that lately, I've been asking myself, "What am I willing to do to see Christ more constantly in my life?" I, like some of you, sometimes find myself in my life making small surges of effort to jump up above the crowd to see Christ in my life. Those efforts get exhausting and unfortunately come to an end because of the energy required to sustain that effort. Or can I be more like Zacchaeus and go upward and find myself in a tree where I can have a better constant image of Christ rather than short spurts of effort. It's not to say that making small short efforts is a bad thing, but I want to have it more constant in my life. It's when Christ sees our effort to see Him that He invites Himself to abide in our homes and our lives because He knows that we made the effort to move upward to see Him. So I find myself asking myself, "How can I change the position of where I am to better see Christ?" Or I ask myself, "Where would my position be right now if it were to be likened to this scripture? Would I be making those small exhausting efforts on the ground or have I made changes in my life so that I can see Christ constantly rather than little bits at a time?" It's my hope that you and I can change where we are and put ourselves in a position where we can be focused on Christ at all times. Thanks you guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great insight Shane! Thanks for that. You are definitely an example to Dax and I of sustained efforts in doing what is right.
Good post, Shane. I love your insights.
Post a Comment