Saturday, February 14, 2009
Tender Mercies - Answers to Prayers - You never know whose life you are touching.
I LOVE EFY!!! For those of you who know me, I have loved my experiences of being an EFY counselor for the past 4 summers. Altogether, I've done 25 sessions, and I learned and enjoyed different things from each session. I don't even know how many boys that I worked with throughout those 4 years, but there have been a lot. This past Thursday, I was sitting in institute and I was wondering if I've made a difference in somebody's life with the thing's I've been involved in. I said a short little prayer in my heart that at some point in my life I'd be able to know that. Well Heavenly Father being the amazing person He is didn't even wait 24 hours to let me know that. I received a letter from one of the boys from my first year of EFY who is currently serving his mission in Brazil. It was very surprising to me to get a letter from this particular boy because he was one of those guys that kind of was quieter and more reserved. Regardless, I tried to get to know him and involve him with the things we did. I didn't know that I'd have a big impact on his life. In his letter he sent he said, "How are you doing Shane? I am from EFY 2005. I just wanted to thank you for your testimony and example. You helped me make the decision to serve a mission. I am serving in the Brazil Londrina mission." He then went on to share his testimony. I couldn't believe that I got an answer to my prayer so quickly! I was so surprised and happy that I went to my room and got on my knees and just cried. I needed that letter a lot! I am thankful to Elder Westover for following the prompting to send the letter when he did. It wasn't a coincidence that it came the day that it did. I am grateful for young men like him who go out into the world and selflessly serve the Lord for 2 years. I'm thankful to Heavenly Father that I was given the opportunity to work for EFY for those 25 sessions and to associate with the boys that I did. I'm grateful for the truthfulness of our church. I am thankful for answers I've received that have helped my testimony. Also, I am grateful to Heavenly Father for answering Tyler's prayers as well so that he is able to boldly serve as a missionary. It was an awesome day for me and something I will be forever grateful for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am glad that I got to in some tiny way make sure that letter was forwarded to you that day. yea Shane!
Shane! I can't believe I found your blog. What a blessing to receive that letter! I hope your doing well:) Take care.
I know it's a given, but I am extremely blessed with the best husband. I'm not sure what I did so great to deserve someone like him, but I'll take it! Brad and I didn't have a "normal" courtship so-to-speak. We had only been dating for a couple months when I got sick. Through those awful months, there was not one day that went by without Brad being there to help me. He definitely showed me unconditional love, when most men would have turned their backs. Brad is a very hard worker, just like my father. He would do anything in the world for Ava and I, and is busy from dawn until dusk, working 60 hours a week and going to school in the evenings. I am so grateful that he has a testimony, and unselfishly served a mission for 2 years in Africa. He is such a great father to Ava, and I love how his eyes light up every time he gets home and sees her. I love him very much and will forever be grateful that Brad came into my life.
Post a Comment