First things first...I sent out an email with your youtube link of you guys skouching. Some of the responses I got were hilarious. You crack me up.
The thing I am particularly grateful for this week are friends. Thank goodness for friends! There are not many things more precious to me than a true friend. They keep me grounded. They are my therapy and my sounding board. I used to think that the more friends I had, the better off I was. Now I feel that if you have one true friend, you have more than your share. Nobody makes it alone in this life. Every one of us gets through tough times because someone is there. They help make my life rich and full, and keep me centered. We laugh a lot, mostly about ourselves. They have helped me through life, boys, death, tears, Ava, and a whole lot of good times and embarrassments. Even though some of our lives have changed drastically, and some of my greatest friends live far away, it's still great to talk to them on the phone and see them on occasion. It's like time hasn't passed and things are just as they were. There is even one friend who I can literally say she saved my life when I was sick. I will forever be grateful for my friends, and hope to meet more. Life is so much more fun with them in it.
Shane, I randomly came across your blog (probably through one of your roommates blogs). I saw that your last two posts were about gratitude and I thought it was awesome because that is something that I've been focusing more on this year. That said, I hope that its not weird that I'm commenting. If so, I do apologize. Every month I write a monthly love list. Its a list that I like to refer back to when things get tough or if I need some extra happiness in my life... or if I'm not showing enough gratitude to the Lord. Your welcome to check it out if you want. (jeskamay.blogspot.com) Some of the things posted require explanations but most are self explainatory. I figured since I just posted it today... it could count as part of your request! Idk. :)
Today I am feeling very grateful for my hands and all the things they can do and will learn to do throughout my life. Though I don't fully understand these earthly bodies, I'm amazed at how incredible they are! For example, last night after getting home from a 15 hr day at the office, I needed to relax so I decided to crochet for a few minutes before going to bed. As I stood there (I was afraid I would fall asleep if I sat down) crocheting, I couldn't help but be amazed that though I had learned the skill years ago, my hands were able to remember what to do simply by picking up the yarn and hook :) The familiarity of it sucked me in and half an hour passed before I could make myself quit! Even now as I sit here typing, I'm amazed that my fingers go to the correct key to create each word...I'm very grateful to have been blessed with a body. And with hands that can do everything asked of them!
4 comments:
First things first...I sent out an email with your youtube link of you guys skouching. Some of the responses I got were hilarious. You crack me up.
The thing I am particularly grateful for this week are friends. Thank goodness for friends! There are not many things more precious to me than a true friend. They keep me grounded. They are my therapy and my sounding board. I used to think that the more friends I had, the better off I was. Now I feel that if you have one true friend, you have more than your share. Nobody makes it alone in this life. Every one of us gets through tough times because someone is there. They help make my life rich and full, and keep me centered. We laugh a lot, mostly about ourselves. They have helped me through life, boys, death, tears, Ava, and a whole lot of good times and embarrassments. Even though some of our lives have changed drastically, and some of my greatest friends live far away, it's still great to talk to them on the phone and see them on occasion. It's like time hasn't passed and things are just as they were. There is even one friend who I can literally say she saved my life when I was sick. I will forever be grateful for my friends, and hope to meet more. Life is so much more fun with them in it.
Shane,
I randomly came across your blog (probably through one of your roommates blogs). I saw that your last two posts were about gratitude and I thought it was awesome because that is something that I've been focusing more on this year. That said, I hope that its not weird that I'm commenting. If so, I do apologize. Every month I write a monthly love list. Its a list that I like to refer back to when things get tough or if I need some extra happiness in my life... or if I'm not showing enough gratitude to the Lord. Your welcome to check it out if you want. (jeskamay.blogspot.com)
Some of the things posted require explanations but most are self explainatory. I figured since I just posted it today... it could count as part of your request! Idk. :)
-Jesika May
Today I am feeling very grateful for my hands and all the things they can do and will learn to do throughout my life. Though I don't fully understand these earthly bodies, I'm amazed at how incredible they are! For example, last night after getting home from a 15 hr day at the office, I needed to relax so I decided to crochet for a few minutes before going to bed. As I stood there (I was afraid I would fall asleep if I sat down) crocheting, I couldn't help but be amazed that though I had learned the skill years ago, my hands were able to remember what to do simply by picking up the yarn and hook :) The familiarity of it sucked me in and half an hour passed before I could make myself quit! Even now as I sit here typing, I'm amazed that my fingers go to the correct key to create each word...I'm very grateful to have been blessed with a body. And with hands that can do everything asked of them!
Post a Comment